Many thanks to Maddy for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
In order to fulfil my obligations I must answer the three questions put to me:
- Who is your favourite author? Oh my, this is too difficult for someone who loves reading and writing! It changes all the time, as I find new authors I enjoy, and work my way through their books. Ones I keep coming back to are John Irving, Iris Murdoch, Nevil Shute and John Steinbeck, my current favourites are any British literature from the 1950s/60s. I am currently reading Zola, The Ladies Paradise. My first books were Enid Blyton especially the Malory Towers series and Heidi by Johanna Spyri. I really do love reading, so if anyone has any good recommendations please let me know.
2. Your favourite singer? Much easier – David Bowie. Especially Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane.
3. Your favourite character in history and why? Again, much easier, I would choose my grandmother, May Annie Doris Cockett (known as Queenie) and I would ask her who my grandfather was, and why it was so difficult for her to choose to give her daughter (my mother) to another family. Without judgement I would love to talk through the circumstances of my mothers’ birth and hear Queenie’s point of view.
And my nominations go to:
I know you guys probably don’t have time for this sort of thing, but if you do … here are your three questions:
- When you first started your blog, what was your main aim?
- What are you most proud of that you’ve found?
- Is there anyway I can help you?